AMPERKZ HOW-TO’S: NOT RECEIVING EMAILS FROM AMPERKZ?
How to ensure your emails are delivered properly to your inbox
You’ve forgotten your password and are not able to log in to your account, so you request to reset your password. The site says, “Please check your inbox for the password reset email.” So you proceed to check your inbox but there is no email in your inbox.
Does this sound familiar?
This can also happen when you are signing up with a site or receiving updates from a mailing list you have subscribed to.
If you’re wondering why you haven’t been receiving emails from email@example.com, it’s not because the emails have not been sent; it could be because the email address that you provided is incorrect or that they are being categorised as spam by your email provider.
Opting-in and checking your email address
To check if the email address you provided is correct, go to the AMperkz website and log into your account. Click on ‘My Account’ on the navigation bar, and then click on ‘Edit Profile’. Then check if your email address is correct in the Email field. You would also need to tick on the Email checkbox to allow us to send promotional emails to you. Then click on the ‘Save’ button to save your changes.
My email address is correct in my member profile. What should I do?
To help ensure your emails are delivered properly to your inbox, you can add senders of legitimate emails (like firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Whitelist, otherwise known as the Approved or Safe Sender list.
Here’s a quick how-to:
1. Add email@example.com to your Gmail contacts. Google typically delivers email from addresses that are in your contacts.
2. If Gmail has marked the emails you wish to whitelist as spam, unmark them as Not Spam. You may do this by:
- Navigating to the spam folder
- Search for emails containing firstname.lastname@example.org and select them
- Then click on the ‘Not Spam’ button
3. You can also create a filter for emails from email@example.com to be sent directly to your inbox:
- Click on the cog wheel at the top right corner and then ‘Settings’
- Then click on ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’
- Then click on ‘Create a new filter’
- In the ‘From’ field, key in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then click on ‘Create filter with this search’
- Then check the box ‘Never send it to Spam’ and click on the ‘Create filter’ button
1. Add email@example.com to your Yahoo! Mail contacts. Yahoo! typically delivers email from addresses that are in your contacts.
2. Or you can create a filter for the address.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings
- Click Filters and then Add
- Enter ‘AMperkz’ as the Filter Name
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the Sender text field
- Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to
- Click Save and then click Save again
Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Hotmail and MSN Mail
1. Add email@example.com to your Outlook.com contacts. Outlook.com typically delivers email from addresses that are in your contacts.
2. Or you can add the address to your safe senders.
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner and then ‘Options’
- Then click on ‘Safe senders’ under the ‘Junk email’ settings
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org into the list of safe senders and then click on the ‘+’ sign to add into the list
- Then click on ‘Save’
Let us know if you find this How-To article helpful. For other queries and feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.