- Collection of Personal Data
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to: customers; job applicants and employees; shareholders; service providers and other people who we may come in contact. Example of personal data includes name, address, contact details, your preferences, queries, requests and feedback. The submission of your personal information is entirely voluntary.
We may collect your personal data directly or indirectly from you or your authorized representatives in the course of:
- Visiting our websites or signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- Applying for a job with us;
- Participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- Using our ‘customers services’ at shopping malls;
- Contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Registering for AMperkz, the shopper rewards programme;
- Our conducting interviews, market research or surveys.
Please note that we collect, use, disclose and/or share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you and/or to keep records in connection with a job application and other job opportunities;
- Communicate with you on any of our services, announcements, promotions or contests;
- Communicate with you on any queries, requests or feedback and service improvements;
- Update our records and generally maintain ‘Loyalty Program’ with us;
- Provide access to conduct works or repairs at malls managed by AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd; and
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity at our malls ‘Access Control Grounds’.
We respect your privacy and do not practice renting or selling of your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information with members of group functions in our company.
Access to your personal information is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our services to you, to process your job application or for the purposes set out above.
We may also collect, use and disclose such personal information if so authorized or required by law or the relevant authorities, or exempted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 to do so.
Further, we may disclose or share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Third Party Service Providers:
- With your consent:
- Business Transfers:
We may disclose your personal data to third parties (i) contracted by us to assist us in delivering part or all our services to you; and/or (ii) who provide services to us such as professional advisers, IT consultants etc. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavors to ensure that these third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy;
We may seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not set out herein;
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Also, in the unlikely event that an AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd’ entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
We also reserve the right to share your personal information as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health and security of an individual or corporate entity. Further, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government representative and our advisers, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy.
As required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, we will take reasonable care to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal data, AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.
If you wish to make a request to access your personal data or apply for a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact Data Protection Officer (DPO) in writing and using the Request to Access Data Form. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what data you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, reviewing and copying any material requested. It the data sought is extensive, we advise the estimated cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
If you wish to:
- apply for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request for your personal data to be updated or corrected; or
- withdraw consent you previously provided to us to use the personal data we hold about you,
Kindly allow us reasonable time to respond to any request and effect any change. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. When you request your personal data to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal data of such dispute. Where permitted to do so, we may charge an administrative fee for access requests.
Please ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate
- Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible to provide accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to contact us to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date.
- In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other than yourself (for example, your referee or guarantor in relation to your job application). If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this policy.
The websites managed by AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd may contain links to third party sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd is not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd will retain your personal data for the duration of time to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, for business purposes and as required by relevant laws.
When you visit our websites, our servers may record your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. An IP address is an assigned number, similar to a telephone number, which allows your computer to communicate over the Internet. AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd may use this information to compile statistical data on the use of our websites to track how users navigate through this website so that we can evaluate and improve our websites.
You can send feedback to the DPO by completing the Feedback Form. We will endeavor to act promptly in response to your feedback. Please use this link to obtain the Feedback Form.
How to contact us?
Data Protection Officer
AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd
298 Tiong Bahru Road
#08-01 Central Plaza
Tel: 6462 8866
Fax: 6462 0129